Playing the piano has been a lifelong passion of mine. I constantly learn new repertoire so that I can maintain a high skill level which leads me to being a better teacher. (I routinely practice two hours a day.) After more than 25 years of teaching, I still have periodic lessons with a concert pianist (Walter Hautzig in New York City) and I belong to a teachers performance group that meets monthly. I also perform in master classes and play in chamber ensembles with my daughter, a violinist, and my son-in-law, a cellist.
I teach in a specially designed studio that has two well-kept grand pianos (Steinway B's). The studio is large enough to hold small recitals.
Musical and Educational Background
- BA in Music from the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- MS in Elementary Education from the University of Pennsylvania
- MA in Music from the University of Georgia (Athens, GA)
Certification and Recent Professional Activities
- Permanent National Certification from MTNA (Music Teachers National Association), Peggy K Lee NCTM
- Delta Omicron (national honorary music fraternity)
- Pi Kappa Lambda (national honorary music fraternity)
- Vice President for GMTA Auditions -- 2005-2009 (Georgia Music Teachers Association)
- Vice President for GMTA/MTNA Auditions -- 2009 and 2010
- Invited participant in master classes conducted by Walter Hautzig (2003 to 2009) and John O'Conor (2011 and 2013)
- Frequent adjudicator for competitions, festivals and Guild Auditions - local and state levels